Spotted in the RGV: Stillman House, Brownsville
by Eryn Reddell Wingert
The small, brick-paved courtyard behind the historic Stillman House in Brownsville is home to various plants, including sage, banana, and yucca. The house dates back to 1850, when Charles and Elizabeth Stillman rented it from builder-owner Henry Miller. The home’s namesake only lived there for three years; the Trevino family owned the home and incorporated additions from 1858 to 1958. For more information, visit brownsvillehistory.org. For a group tour of historic Brownsville, contact Sarah Denzer with Tours by Welcome Home at 956-687-5115.