Experience South Texas: A lifestyle of relaxation and adventure
The Rio Grande Valley is a beautiful and diverse region located in the southernmost tip of Texas. It is bordered by Mexico on the south and the Gulf of Mexico to the east. The Rio Grande Valley is known for its warm climate, lush subtropical vegetation, and rich culture.
South Texas begins in the Rio Grande Valley, and there is no better place to experience the best of what this region has to offer. Visitors can enjoy a laid-back lifestyle with plenty of opportunities for outdoor recreation, cultural enrichment, and lively entertainment.
Here are just a few of the things you can do in South Texas:
- Relax on the beach at South Padre Island
- Go for a swim in the Gulf of Mexico
- Fish for redfish, trout, and saltwater fish
- Hike or bike one of the numerous trails and nature parks
But wait… there’s more:
- Visit one of the World Birding Centers
- Attend a performance at the McAllen Performing Arts Center
- Take part in one of the many cultural festivals
- Sample the wide array of local and international cuisine
- Witness where rockets are being built and tested at SpaceX
The Rio Grande Valley is also home to a number of cultural attractions, including the following:
- The Basilica of Our Lady of San Juan del Valle
- The Museum of South Texas History
- The Mitte Cultural Center
- The Texas Tropical Trail
No matter what your interests are, you’re sure to find something to love in South Texas. So come on down and see for yourself why there’s more to South Texas.
South Texas has a subtropical climate, with lots of sunshine and mild winters. The average temperature in the winter falls in the 60s and 70s, making it a great place to escape the cold winters of the north. Visitors can enjoy outdoor activities year-round, such as swimming, golfing, fishing, and hiking.
South Texas has a rich and diverse culture, influenced by its proximity to Mexico. Visitors can enjoy authentic Mexican food, music, art, and festivals. There are also many historical sites and museums to explore.
Visitors to South Texas have a wide variety of activities to choose from. Some popular activities include:
- Golfing: South Texas is home to numerous golf courses, making it a golfer’s paradise.
- Fishing: South Texas is a great place to saltwater fish the Laguna Madre and the Gulf of Mexico
- Hiking & Biking: There are many hiking trails in South Texas through urban landscapes and nature parks
- Visiting the beach: South Padre Island is a popular destination location just over an hour’s drive from McAllen
South Texas is a great place to relax and enjoy the simple things in life. Slow down, take your time, and enjoy a lifestyle of relaxation or adventure.
Festivals & Events
The Rio Grande Valley is home to a variety of festivals and events throughout the year, celebrating the region’s rich culture and heritage. Some of the most popular include:
- Charro Days in Brownsville: This nine-day-long festival celebrates the region’s sisterhood with Mexico with a variety of events, including parades, concerts, and rodeos.
- Rio Grande Valley Birding Festival in Harlingen: This annual festival attracts birders from all over the world to witness the region’s diverse birdlife.
- Fiesta de Palmas in McAllen: Originally a celebration of the city’s centennial, Fiesta de Palmas is now a 3-day weekend celebrating history, art, and culture.
In addition to these major festivals, there are also a number of smaller events held throughout the year in the Rio Grande Valley. These events range from farmers’ markets to arts and crafts fairs to food festivals.
No matter what time of year you visit the Rio Grande Valley, you’re sure to find something of interest.
The Rio Grande Valley is a popular destination for RVers, thanks to its warm climate, year-round outdoor activities. RV park accommodations are plentiful and varied, offering something for every activity level and budget. From simple campgrounds to full-amenity resorts, visitors can find the perfect place to park their RV and enjoy the Valley’s warm climate and year-round activities.
If you’re planning an RV trip to South Texas, be sure to book your accommodations in advance, especially if you’re traveling during peak season. The Valley is a popular destination for RVers, and RV parks can fill up quickly.
Here are a few things to consider when choosing an RV park in the Rio Grande Valley:
- Consider your location: Do you want to be close to the beach, a city, or a particular attraction?
- Think about what amenities are important to you. Some RV parks have swimming pools, hot tubs, recreation halls, workout facilities, RC car tracks, pickle ball courts, and other amenities, while others are more simplistic.
- Check the park policies to ensure they align with your visit expectations.
With its warm climate, year-round outdoor activities, and plentiful RV park accommodations, the Rio Grande Valley is the perfect destination for an RV vacation.
Want more information? Complete our form and we will send you our visitor guide, a map of the area and a whole lot more.