King Ranch Tour
Come enjoy the birthplace of American Ranching! Hear all about how Richard King started the ranch that is still running today.
Richard King is famous for starting his ranch right up the road from us in Kingsville. Visit the King Ranch and see the incredible property for yourself. This tour includes round-trip motorcoach transportation, a guided tour of King Ranch, a private BBQ lunch, the Henrietta Memorial Museum Tour, and a stop downtown at the saddle shop. You’ll also enjoy fun games and maybe win a prize on the bus ride back!
- Round-trip motorcoach transportation
- Guided tour of the King Ranch
- Private Chuckwagon lunch with chef
- Admission to the Henrietta Memorial Museum
- Stop in Downtown Kingsville at the King Ranch Saddle Shop with time to explore adjacent shops
- Incidentals along the way
- Gratuities for the bus driver and tour guides
- Tour Date & Time: Wednesday, March 13, 2024. Departure time: 7:00 am-7:30 am. Return: 4:30 pm-5:30 pm
- Duration: 8-10 hours
- Transportation: Round-trip motorcoach. We will have an Upper and Lower Valley pick-up. If you have a group of 15 or more, we will pick you up from your park
- Activity Level: Mild
- This tour requires you to be able to get yourself on and off a charter bus multiple times. Walking requirements are very minimal; through the museum, downtown Kingsville, and off the bus to the lunch location. Walkers and wheelchairs are fine to bring and you will be able to attend all activities with them. Full participation may require leisurely walking over uneven surfaces. If you need physical or mental assistance you must be traveling with someone able to assist you.
- Booking Cutoff: March 6, 2024, subject to availability
- There are no physical tickets for this event, your name will be on a sign-in sheet when you arrive at the designated pick-up location and check in with the Welcome Home RGV host.
- A detailed email with instructions will be emailed to you with meeting locations, etc.